Updated: Jan 10
If you have an interest in speaking about the non-payment of stipends for LACCD faculty at the Board of Trustee Meeting on Wednesday, January 12, 2021, at 1:00 pm.
Instructions for signing up to speak at BoT:
●The public section of the Board Meeting will begin at 1:00 pm on Wednesday.
●In this email you need to let Guadalupe Orozco know that you wish to speak about a non-agenda item “non-payment of stipends” item D.2. (public comment for non-agenda items.
●Once your email has been received, you will receive a confirmation email with the link to the board meeting as well as confirmation that you have been added to the speakers list.
Talking Points for BoT meeting (you will only have one minute to speak, so please plan accordingly)
Below are a few talking points that you can use during your speaking time. Of course, you do not have to use these, and we would encourage everyone to say whatever is most important to you regarding the non-payment of stipends. However, for those who would like to have some talking points, here are a few:
● The faculty went “above and beyond” in meeting our teaching obligations by moving courses to online remote instruction in 2 weeks during the Spring of 2020, foregoing our Spring Break. We have met our obligations to our students and the District.
● The District has not met their obligations to the faculty. The District promised, through a signed MOU in May 2021, the payment of two stipends:
1) Distance Learning Certification
2) Remote course conversion.
● The District had six months to plan for the payment of the stipends
● We did our work in 2 weeks, and the district has failed to do theirs in 6 months-pay our stipends now!
● How you were impacted personally